n Thursday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee announced that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would soon testify about the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The Obama administration has come under heavy criticism from Republicans for its confusing response to the attack, with administration officials initially ascribing the attack to a riot, before acknowledging that it had been carried out by heavily armed terrorists. "We are committed to identifying what went wrong and what needs to be done to prevent any further American lives from being lost in such attacks," said committee chairwoman Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week