On Thursday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee announced that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would soon testify about the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The Obama administration has come under heavy criticism from Republicans for its confusing response to the attack, with administration officials initially ascribing the attack to a riot, before acknowledging that it had been carried out by heavily armed terrorists. "We are committed to identifying what went wrong and what needs to be done to prevent any further American lives from being lost in such attacks," said committee chairwoman Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week