On Thursday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee announced that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would soon testify about the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The Obama administration has come under heavy criticism from Republicans for its confusing response to the attack, with administration officials initially ascribing the attack to a riot, before acknowledging that it had been carried out by heavily armed terrorists. "We are committed to identifying what went wrong and what needs to be done to prevent any further American lives from being lost in such attacks," said committee chairwoman Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week