On Thursday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee announced that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would soon testify about the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The Obama administration has come under heavy criticism from Republicans for its confusing response to the attack, with administration officials initially ascribing the attack to a riot, before acknowledging that it had been carried out by heavily armed terrorists. "We are committed to identifying what went wrong and what needs to be done to prevent any further American lives from being lost in such attacks," said committee chairwoman Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week