On Thursday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee announced that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would soon testify about the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The Obama administration has come under heavy criticism from Republicans for its confusing response to the attack, with administration officials initially ascribing the attack to a riot, before acknowledging that it had been carried out by heavily armed terrorists. "We are committed to identifying what went wrong and what needs to be done to prevent any further American lives from being lost in such attacks," said committee chairwoman Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week