acing a crippling strike by bakers, Hostess Brands — the baker of Wonder Bread and snack aisle icons such as Twinkies and Ho Hos — announced Friday that it is asking a bankruptcy court for permission to shut down. The move would put the 5,000 members of the bakers' union, which is protesting a new contract, as well as more than 13,000 other employees out of work. Hostess wants to auction its assets to the highest bidder, however, which could keep its most popular products on grocery store shelves.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Girls on Film: How Lovelace fails to tell the real story
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week