his week, David Petraeus' Nov. 9 resignation as head of the CIA — and the stunning news that the former general had pursued an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell — reverberated throughout Washington, D.C. The tangled, tabloid-friendly story dominated headlines, raised questions about the future of the CIA, and threatened to tarnish Petraeus' legacy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week