This week, David Petraeus' Nov. 9 resignation as head of the CIA — and the stunning news that the former general had pursued an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell — reverberated throughout Washington, D.C. The tangled, tabloid-friendly story dominated headlines, raised questions about the future of the CIA, and threatened to tarnish Petraeus' legacy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week