Police in Bolivar, Mo., say they have foiled a suspected plot by a 20-year-old man to conduct a mass shooting this weekend at either a screening of the new Twilight movie or a Walmart. Police arrested Blaec Lammers, accusing him of purchasing assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition. Lammers was allegedly attempting to mimic the July mass shooting at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colo., that killed 12 people.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week