Police in Bolivar, Mo., say they have foiled a suspected plot by a 20-year-old man to conduct a mass shooting this weekend at either a screening of the new Twilight movie or a Walmart. Police arrested Blaec Lammers, accusing him of purchasing assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition. Lammers was allegedly attempting to mimic the July mass shooting at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colo., that killed 12 people.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week