Police in Bolivar, Mo., say they have foiled a suspected plot by a 20-year-old man to conduct a mass shooting this weekend at either a screening of the new Twilight movie or a Walmart. Police arrested Blaec Lammers, accusing him of purchasing assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition. Lammers was allegedly attempting to mimic the July mass shooting at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colo., that killed 12 people.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week