Discovered: The most distant galaxy we've ever seen?
That red blob in the photo, says Phil Plait at Slate, may be a mind-crushing 13.3 billion light years away
Spotted: The most distant galaxy ever recorded?
NASA, ESA, M. Postman and D. Coe (STScI), and the CLASH Team
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week