Discovered: The most distant galaxy we've ever seen?
That red blob in the photo, says Phil Plait at Slate, may be a mind-crushing 13.3 billion light years away
Spotted: The most distant galaxy ever recorded?
NASA, ESA, M. Postman and D. Coe (STScI), and the CLASH Team
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week