Discovered: The most distant galaxy we've ever seen?
That red blob in the photo, says Phil Plait at Slate, may be a mind-crushing 13.3 billion light years away
Spotted: The most distant galaxy ever recorded?
NASA, ESA, M. Postman and D. Coe (STScI), and the CLASH Team
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week