srael on Friday prepared for a possible ground invasion of the Gaza Strip, calling up thousands of reservists and closing roads into the Palestinian territory. The move comes amid escalating violence between the two sides, with Gazan rockets striking just outside Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, a holy city for both Jews and Muslims. "Israeli citizens, like any other people, deserve peace and quiet, so they can go about living their lives," said Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon. "If we will see in the next 24, 36 hours more rockets launched at us, I think that would be the trigger" for a ground operation.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Did God have a wife?
Subscribe to the Week