After Hostess, the maker of Twinkies and other iconic baked treats such as Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread, announced its intention to liquidate the company on Friday, hungry buyers are reportedly preparing to bid on the legendary brands. "Can you imagine what Twinkies will go for? Jiminy!" said a person who did not want to be identified because his company is planning a bid. "These are 100-year-old brands. They have to be worth a lot." Hostess plans to liquidate upon receiving court approval.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week