After Hostess, the maker of Twinkies and other iconic baked treats such as Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread, announced its intention to liquidate the company on Friday, hungry buyers are reportedly preparing to bid on the legendary brands. "Can you imagine what Twinkies will go for? Jiminy!" said a person who did not want to be identified because his company is planning a bid. "These are 100-year-old brands. They have to be worth a lot." Hostess plans to liquidate upon receiving court approval.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week