After Hostess, the maker of Twinkies and other iconic baked treats such as Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread, announced its intention to liquidate the company on Friday, hungry buyers are reportedly preparing to bid on the legendary brands. "Can you imagine what Twinkies will go for? Jiminy!" said a person who did not want to be identified because his company is planning a bid. "These are 100-year-old brands. They have to be worth a lot." Hostess plans to liquidate upon receiving court approval.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- How Pope Francis could turn out to be a stealth reformer
Subscribe to the Week