After Hostess, the maker of Twinkies and other iconic baked treats such as Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread, announced its intention to liquidate the company on Friday, hungry buyers are reportedly preparing to bid on the legendary brands. "Can you imagine what Twinkies will go for? Jiminy!" said a person who did not want to be identified because his company is planning a bid. "These are 100-year-old brands. They have to be worth a lot." Hostess plans to liquidate upon receiving court approval.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week