News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch is taking aim at the media's coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, tweeting Saturday, "Why is Jewish owned press so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis?" He did not elaborate further and his company has not commented. Murdoch, who owns Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, and the New York Post, has been rumored to be considering buying the troubled Tribune Co., which owns a slew of publications including the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week