News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch is taking aim at the media's coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, tweeting Saturday, "Why is Jewish owned press so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis?" He did not elaborate further and his company has not commented. Murdoch, who owns Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, and the New York Post, has been rumored to be considering buying the troubled Tribune Co., which owns a slew of publications including the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
Subscribe to the Week