News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch is taking aim at the media's coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, tweeting Saturday, "Why is Jewish owned press so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis?" He did not elaborate further and his company has not commented. Murdoch, who owns Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, and the New York Post, has been rumored to be considering buying the troubled Tribune Co., which owns a slew of publications including the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week