After an explosion and fire devastated an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico on Friday, divers found a body on Saturday below the oil platform. Twenty-two people were on board at the time of the accident. Eleven were evacuated safely, nine were taken to the hospital by helicopter, and two remained missing until this body was found. The search for the second missing man continues. Several of the injured workers suffered second- and third-degree burns over large parts of their bodies. The explosion was reportedly caused by maintenance workers using a torch to cut into a pipe with oil inside.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week