ollege football's Bowl Championship Series was thrown into chaos on Saturday when the nation's top two teams both suffered their first loss of the season. Top-ranked Kansas State (10-1) was crushed 52-24 by lowly Baylor (5-5), ending its hopes of becoming national champion. And the second-ranked Oregon Ducks (10-1), who boast one of the country's most exciting offenses, were stifled by a surprisingly resilient Stanford (9-2), losing 17-14 in overtime. Now, undefeated Notre Dame is likely to rise to the top of the college rankings, and mighty Alabama, which suffered its first loss of the season just a week ago, has renewed hope of playing for the national title.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Did God have a wife?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week