ormer CIA director General David Petraeus has hired a high-powered Washington lawyer, Robert Barnett, to help him map out a future following the exposure of his career-ending extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell. Barnett is best known for his work negotiating book deals for the nation's biggest political stars, including President Obama and former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. Politico reported that no Petraeus book is in the works, though. Petraeus, who testified Friday before congressional committees on the deadly Sept. 11 Benghazi attack, is under investigation by the CIA, the Justice Department, and Congress.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week