ormer CIA director General David Petraeus has hired a high-powered Washington lawyer, Robert Barnett, to help him map out a future following the exposure of his career-ending extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell. Barnett is best known for his work negotiating book deals for the nation's biggest political stars, including President Obama and former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. Politico reported that no Petraeus book is in the works, though. Petraeus, who testified Friday before congressional committees on the deadly Sept. 11 Benghazi attack, is under investigation by the CIA, the Justice Department, and Congress.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week