ormer CIA director General David Petraeus has hired a high-powered Washington lawyer, Robert Barnett, to help him map out a future following the exposure of his career-ending extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell. Barnett is best known for his work negotiating book deals for the nation's biggest political stars, including President Obama and former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin. Politico reported that no Petraeus book is in the works, though. Petraeus, who testified Friday before congressional committees on the deadly Sept. 11 Benghazi attack, is under investigation by the CIA, the Justice Department, and Congress.
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
Subscribe to the Week