he Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 steamrolled the competition at the box office, grossing $141 million in its opening weekend. The fifth and final film in the wildly popular vampire franchise easily swept past Skyfall, which last week posted the best debut ever for a James Bond film. (Skyfall hauled in $41.5 million over the weekend). Breaking Dawn — Part 2 boasts the eighth highest-grossing opening ever, and the fourth highest of 2012, but it fell just short of New Moon's 2009 record ($143 million) for best Twilight opening weekend.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
Subscribe to the Week