Why you still don't have a hoverboard
Humans have built jetpacks, augmented-reality glasses, and bionic legs, says Will Oremus at Slate. But sadly, Marty McFly's floating skateboard remains elusive
The hoverboard in "Back to the Future Part II": Israeli students have figured out how to lock an object in midair, and Marty McFly would likely approve.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week