Why you still don't have a hoverboard
Humans have built jetpacks, augmented-reality glasses, and bionic legs, says Will Oremus at Slate. But sadly, Marty McFly's floating skateboard remains elusive
The hoverboard in "Back to the Future Part II": Israeli students have figured out how to lock an object in midair, and Marty McFly would likely approve.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week