Why you still don't have a hoverboard
Humans have built jetpacks, augmented-reality glasses, and bionic legs, says Will Oremus at Slate. But sadly, Marty McFly's floating skateboard remains elusive
The hoverboard in "Back to the Future Part II": Israeli students have figured out how to lock an object in midair, and Marty McFly would likely approve.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week