The American Music Awards celebrated its 40th anniversary Sunday with a rather colorful telecast that brought together the country's most popular musicians, singers, and songwriters. In one of the night's biggest (and most awkward) moments, Jenny McCarthy accosted winner Justin Bieber with kisses. Here, a look back at 11 more iconic snapshots from the AMA archives:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week