The American Music Awards celebrated its 40th anniversary Sunday with a rather colorful telecast that brought together the country's most popular musicians, singers, and songwriters. In one of the night's biggest (and most awkward) moments, Jenny McCarthy accosted winner Justin Bieber with kisses. Here, a look back at 11 more iconic snapshots from the AMA archives:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week