Sheldon Stephens, the man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was 16 but later recanted, is taking back his original retraction, according to gossip site TMZ. Stephens, 23, now reportedly claims that Clash paid him $125,000 to say their relationship happened when he was an adult, and he wants to return the money to restore his reputation. Neither Clash, 52, nor Sesame Workshop has commented on the report.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week