Sheldon Stephens, the man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was 16 but later recanted, is taking back his original retraction, according to gossip site TMZ. Stephens, 23, now reportedly claims that Clash paid him $125,000 to say their relationship happened when he was an adult, and he wants to return the money to restore his reputation. Neither Clash, 52, nor Sesame Workshop has commented on the report.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week