heldon Stephens, the man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was 16 but later recanted, is taking back his original retraction, according to gossip site TMZ. Stephens, 23, now reportedly claims that Clash paid him $125,000 to say their relationship happened when he was an adult, and he wants to return the money to restore his reputation. Neither Clash, 52, nor Sesame Workshop has commented on the report.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week