ostess — the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread — on Monday agreed to enter mediation talks with the the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers, and Grain Millers' International Union, possibly averting a liquidation of the company that had been announced last week. A bankruptcy judge in White Plains, N.Y., said the liquidation could not proceed unless the two sides at least tried mediation first. The initial news that the iconic, 82-year-old company would go under had sparked a nationwide wave of nostalgia for Twinkies and other Hostess treats, which have fallen out of favor in recent years with the rise of healthier eating habits.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week