1. Kristen Stewart will return for Snow White sequel; director Rupert Sanders won't
After jeopardizing her relationship with Twilight costar Robert Pattinson by fooling around with Rupert Sanders, her (married) Snow White & the Huntsman director, Kristen Stewart is reportedly back on to reprise the role of Snow White in the sequel, but Sanders won't be joining her. Radar Online reports that Sanders has bowed out because he's "desperately still trying to save his marriage" — a goal which would, admittedly, make directing Stewart a tad counterproductive.
2. The Romneys enjoy a romantic screening of Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 2
In a belated effort to court the lovers-of-paranormal-romance vote, Mitt Romney and wife Ann went to a screening of Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 2 on Saturday night. TMZ reports that the Romneys determinedly watched the film, then went out for pizza, just like countless tweens across the nation. No word on whether Romney is Team Edward or Team Jacob.
3. Jenny McCarthy kisses, gropes Justin Bieber on stage at the American Music Awards
Seizing her opportunity while Justin Bieber is briefly single, presenter Jenny McCarthy kissed and groped the 18-year-old as he accepted an American Music Award, reports the New York Daily News. "I did grab his butt," confessed McCarthy, adding "I couldn't help it. He was just so delicious. So little. I wanted to tear his head off and eat it." Cannibalism is so sexy.
4. Taylor Swift allegedly dating One Direction's Harry Styles
Has Taylor Swift's quest to find a man who won't ultimately inspire a breakup song come to an end? People reports that the singer has rebounded from her breakup with Conor Kennedy and taken up with One Direction's Harry Styles. Though the relationship isn't confirmed, circumstantial evidence includes a recent X Factor taping at which Styles was spotted picking Swift up, tossing her over his shoulder, and carrying her off-stage — almost like a princess in some kind of fairy tale.
5. The Kardashian sisters awarded the Key to North Miami
Literally fulfilling the promise of the new reality show, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, the Kardashians were recently awarded the Key to North Miami. According to The Huffington Post, Mayor Andre Pierre, who awarded the Key personally, praised the Kardashians as some "of the hardest-working people in the business," which is difficult to argue with, if "the business" is dominating tabloid headlines and making irritating reality shows.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week