oody's Investors Service stripped France of its triple-A credit rating in the wake of a controversial article in the British Economist magazine saying that the country is "the time-bomb at the heart of Europe" because President Francois Hollande has failed to reform bloated government agencies. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services downgraded France in January, leaving Fitch Ratings as the only major credit analyst that still gives France top marks for its credit worthiness.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
Did God have a wife?
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
Subscribe to the Week