fter Hamas official Ayman Taha said Tuesday that an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire in the Gaza conflict with Israel would go into effect at midnight local time, Israel and Egypt said the deal for a truce was still up in the air. Cairo is hopeful of an agreement later on Tuesday, but Israel continued with its offensive strikes in Gaza for a seventh day. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Jerusalem on Tuesday, after leaving a summit in Asia early in order to hold talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, to help bring about a truce. Officials say that 126 Palestinians have died in a week of fighting, most of them civilians, including 27 children.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
Subscribe to the Week