ecretary of State Hillary Clinton was hastily dispatched to the Mideast on Nov. 20 to help end a week of fighting between Israel and Hamas militants. While a potential cease-fire is in the works, many people continue to report via Twitter that explosions are ongoing. Here, a Palestinian boy stands in the rubble of a home after an Israeli airstrike. Click through for a look at more civilians on both sides of the war.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Captain America won over China
- Out and proud: Heroic portraits of America's transgender community
Subscribe to the Week