Jack Taylor, a guard for the Grinnell College Pioneers, scored an amazing 138 points in the Iowa NCAA Division III basketball team's blowout 179-104 win over Faith Baptist College. In his 38 minutes on the court, the 5-foot-10 Taylor took 108 shots and sunk 52 of them, including 27 of 71 attempted 3-pointers. He had zero assists. Taylor shattered the NCAA record set by Rio Grande's Bevo Francis, who scored 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. "It felt like anything I tossed up was going in," said Taylor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
Subscribe to the Week