Jack Taylor, a guard for the Grinnell College Pioneers, scored an amazing 138 points in the Iowa NCAA Division III basketball team's blowout 179-104 win over Faith Baptist College. In his 38 minutes on the court, the 5-foot-10 Taylor took 108 shots and sunk 52 of them, including 27 of 71 attempted 3-pointers. He had zero assists. Taylor shattered the NCAA record set by Rio Grande's Bevo Francis, who scored 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. "It felt like anything I tossed up was going in," said Taylor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week