n a brief news conference in Cairo on Wednesday, Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr announced that a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas would go into effect by 2 p.m. EST. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who stood by the foreign minister's side, also read a statement, thanking Egyptian officials for their work in brokering the truce, and opening the door for further discussion for a more permanent, "lasting peace."
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
Subscribe to the Week