President Obama pardoned two turkeys on Wednesday, in the annual pre-Thanksgiving tradition. Cobbler, the newly designated national turkey, and his alternate, Gobbler, are getting a reprieve. Both are 19-week-old, 40-lb turkeys from Virginia. Their names were selected from submissions by elementary school students.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week