President Obama pardoned two turkeys on Wednesday, in the annual pre-Thanksgiving tradition. Cobbler, the newly designated national turkey, and his alternate, Gobbler, are getting a reprieve. Both are 19-week-old, 40-lb turkeys from Virginia. Their names were selected from submissions by elementary school students.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 15 classic cocktail recipes you need to know
Subscribe to the Week