President Obama pardoned two turkeys on Wednesday, in the annual pre-Thanksgiving tradition. Cobbler, the newly designated national turkey, and his alternate, Gobbler, are getting a reprieve. Both are 19-week-old, 40-lb turkeys from Virginia. Their names were selected from submissions by elementary school students.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week