.S. bankruptcy Judge Robert Drain said Wednesday that Hostess Brands, which produces pastries such as the Twinkie, must return to "a liquidation scenario" after talks with its bakers' union failed to avert a shutdown that will cost 18,000 people their jobs. Hostess is asking Drain for permission to close its facilities and take steps toward selling assets. Hostess reportedly has seen a "very healthy competition" for its brands.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- China's massive pollution problem
Subscribe to the Week