two-day-old truce between Israel and Hamas continues to hold up, despite an episode near the Gaza border on Friday in which Israeli troops reportedly shot and killed a Palestinian man. Hamas said farmers were simply trying to reach their land near the border. Israel said the people were rioters. Still, the cease-fire seems to be holding up. This is the first report of violence since a deal was brokered Wednesday by Egypt, the U.N., and U.S.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
Subscribe to the Week