A two-day-old truce between Israel and Hamas continues to hold up, despite an episode near the Gaza border on Friday in which Israeli troops reportedly shot and killed a Palestinian man. Hamas said farmers were simply trying to reach their land near the border. Israel said the people were rioters. Still, the cease-fire seems to be holding up. This is the first report of violence since a deal was brokered Wednesday by Egypt, the U.N., and U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
Subscribe to the Week