A two-day-old truce between Israel and Hamas continues to hold up, despite an episode near the Gaza border on Friday in which Israeli troops reportedly shot and killed a Palestinian man. Hamas said farmers were simply trying to reach their land near the border. Israel said the people were rioters. Still, the cease-fire seems to be holding up. This is the first report of violence since a deal was brokered Wednesday by Egypt, the U.N., and U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week