two-day-old truce between Israel and Hamas continues to hold up, despite an episode near the Gaza border on Friday in which Israeli troops reportedly shot and killed a Palestinian man. Hamas said farmers were simply trying to reach their land near the border. Israel said the people were rioters. Still, the cease-fire seems to be holding up. This is the first report of violence since a deal was brokered Wednesday by Egypt, the U.N., and U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week