A Taliban suicide bomber blew up a truck full of explosives in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing three civilians and wounding more than 90. Several NATO troops were among those injured. The explosion, in the capital of Wardak province, left several buildings, including a prison and government offices, demolished or damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
Subscribe to the Week