A Taliban suicide bomber blew up a truck full of explosives in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing three civilians and wounding more than 90. Several NATO troops were among those injured. The explosion, in the capital of Wardak province, left several buildings, including a prison and government offices, demolished or damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week