A Taliban suicide bomber blew up a truck full of explosives in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing three civilians and wounding more than 90. Several NATO troops were among those injured. The explosion, in the capital of Wardak province, left several buildings, including a prison and government offices, demolished or damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week