A Taliban suicide bomber blew up a truck full of explosives in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing three civilians and wounding more than 90. Several NATO troops were among those injured. The explosion, in the capital of Wardak province, left several buildings, including a prison and government offices, demolished or damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week