A Taliban suicide bomber blew up a truck full of explosives in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing three civilians and wounding more than 90. Several NATO troops were among those injured. The explosion, in the capital of Wardak province, left several buildings, including a prison and government offices, demolished or damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week