A Taliban suicide bomber blew up a truck full of explosives in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, killing three civilians and wounding more than 90. Several NATO troops were among those injured. The explosion, in the capital of Wardak province, left several buildings, including a prison and government offices, demolished or damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week