hanksgiving is over, and the busiest shopping day of the year is here. With retailers across the country slashing prices in an attempt to woo customers eager to get a jump on their holiday shopping, some 147 million people are expected to go shopping between Friday and Sunday. Some retailers, including Target and Sears, went so far as to start Black Friday on Thanksgiving itself, opening their stores on Thursday night.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
Subscribe to the Week