hanksgiving is over, and the busiest shopping day of the year is here. With retailers across the country slashing prices in an attempt to woo customers eager to get a jump on their holiday shopping, some 147 million people are expected to go shopping between Friday and Sunday. Some retailers, including Target and Sears, went so far as to start Black Friday on Thanksgiving itself, opening their stores on Thursday night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week