hanksgiving is over, and the busiest shopping day of the year is here. With retailers across the country slashing prices in an attempt to woo customers eager to get a jump on their holiday shopping, some 147 million people are expected to go shopping between Friday and Sunday. Some retailers, including Target and Sears, went so far as to start Black Friday on Thanksgiving itself, opening their stores on Thursday night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week