In the early game in the NFL's Thanksgiving tripleheader, the Houston Texans (10-1) pulled out a thrilling overtime win against the Detroit Lions (4-7), though the game was marred somewhat by a huge blown call in Houston's favor. In the second game, rookie sensation Robert Griffin III led the Washington Redskins (5-6) to a 38-31 road victory over the Dallas Cowboys (5-6). And in the night game, the New England Patriots (8-3) absolutely annihilated their division rivals, the New York Jets (4-7), by an embarrassing score of 49-19.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week