In the early game in the NFL's Thanksgiving tripleheader, the Houston Texans (10-1) pulled out a thrilling overtime win against the Detroit Lions (4-7), though the game was marred somewhat by a huge blown call in Houston's favor. In the second game, rookie sensation Robert Griffin III led the Washington Redskins (5-6) to a 38-31 road victory over the Dallas Cowboys (5-6). And in the night game, the New England Patriots (8-3) absolutely annihilated their division rivals, the New York Jets (4-7), by an embarrassing score of 49-19.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week