n the early game in the NFL's Thanksgiving tripleheader, the Houston Texans (10-1) pulled out a thrilling overtime win against the Detroit Lions (4-7), though the game was marred somewhat by a huge blown call in Houston's favor. In the second game, rookie sensation Robert Griffin III led the Washington Redskins (5-6) to a 38-31 road victory over the Dallas Cowboys (5-6). And in the night game, the New England Patriots (8-3) absolutely annihilated their division rivals, the New York Jets (4-7), by an embarrassing score of 49-19.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week