A foggy stretch of highway in southeast Texas saw a series of accidents on Thanksgiving that killed at least two people, injured as many as 120, and involved some 100 cars. Authorities are still investigating exactly what happened, though dense fog is initially thought to be among the causes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week