As part of Israel's truce with the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, restrictions are being eased along the tense border, allowing Palestinian farmers to access land near the border's security fence, and letting Palestinian fisherman head further out to sea. The Egypt-brokered truce, which took effect Wednesday, ended an eight-day conflict that reportedly killed 166 Palestinians and six Israelis.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
Subscribe to the Week