natural gas explosion in Springfield, Mass., on Friday destroyed a strip club, damaged a daycare center, and blew out every window in a three-block radius. At least 18 people were injured. "This is a miracle... that no one was killed," said the state's lieutenant governor.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
Subscribe to the Week