Larry Hagman, who played J.R. Ewing on Dallas, died Friday at 81 due to complications from his battle with cancer. On Dallas, Hagman turned "a business cheat, faithless husband, and bottomless well of corruption" into a "charmingly loathsome oil baron," and is perhaps best remembered for the cliffhanger "Who shot J.R.?" episode.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week