Larry Hagman, who played J.R. Ewing on Dallas, died Friday at 81 due to complications from his battle with cancer. On Dallas, Hagman turned "a business cheat, faithless husband, and bottomless well of corruption" into a "charmingly loathsome oil baron," and is perhaps best remembered for the cliffhanger "Who shot J.R.?" episode.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week