South Korean rapper PSY's "Gangnam Style" video has become the most watched YouTube video ever. The video had been viewed 805 million times as of Saturday, surpassing singer Justin Bieber's "Baby," which has 803 million views. PSY's video, featuring his ubiquitous horse-riding dance, premiered on YouTube in July, while Bieber's "Baby" was uploaded in February 2010.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Germany has a serious wolf problem
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why we can't educate racism away
- How one woman is standing up for India's abused husbands
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week