ritain's Financial Services Authority fined UBS $47.5 million on Monday for failing to prevent a $2.3 billion loss caused by former trader Kweku Adoboli. The fine was one of the largest ever levied by the British regulator. Adoboli, 32, was sentenced to seven years in prison last week for his role in the scandal. UBS was found to have had serious weaknesses in the internal controls of its investment banking unit.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week