nline sales jumped 30 percent on Cyber Monday compared to last year, according to IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark, which tracks more than 1 million e-commerce transactions a day for more than 500 retailers. The increase beats out the 21 percent jump in sales on Black Friday, and the 17 percent increase on Thanksgiving. A growing number of people used mobile devices to make purchases this year. About 18 percent viewed deals on their mobile devices on Monday, and 13 percent bought merchandise by phone or tablet — up from 12 percent and 7 percent, respectively, last year.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- China's massive pollution problem
- The executioners' lament
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week