When an Oregon man wanted to sell his 1977 Datsun on eBay, he tapped into his inner sleazy used-car salesman and procured a sexy young woman to help make his old vehicle look hot. The problem? That scantily clad woman is his 20-year-old daughter, Lexxa. On his eBay listing, Kim Ridley showcases his daughter in a myriad of provocative positions around the banana-yellow car. In one shot, the vehicle is viewed through Lexxa's bare legs. In another, the tattooed girl is draped over the hood, revealing her cleavage, bra, and come-hither stare. In yet another, Lexxa leans against the trunk of the car, throwing her butt and her smirk toward the camera. Ultimately, Ridley sold the car, which had 49,964 miles on it, for $7,500 on Nov. 15. So, regrets? Ridley has few. "If I felt bad about it, I wouldn't do it," he tells AdWeek.
Ummm, says David Gianatasio at AdWeek. Ridley should know that the father-daughter relationship clearly "puts a strange and newly unwholesome spin on the already questionable 'Sex sells' motif." Sometimes acknowledging a daughter's fledging sexuality can be a positive thing, says Lindsay Cross at Mommyish, but this goes way too far. This dad is blatantly selling his daughter's sexuality: "This is a crotch shot on the internet to make dad a little money."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week