hen an Oregon man wanted to sell his 1977 Datsun on eBay, he tapped into his inner sleazy used-car salesman and procured a sexy young woman to help make his old vehicle look hot. The problem? That scantily clad woman is his 20-year-old daughter, Lexxa. On his eBay listing, Kim Ridley showcases his daughter in a myriad of provocative positions around the banana-yellow car. In one shot, the vehicle is viewed through Lexxa's bare legs. In another, the tattooed girl is draped over the hood, revealing her cleavage, bra, and come-hither stare. In yet another, Lexxa leans against the trunk of the car, throwing her butt and her smirk toward the camera. Ultimately, Ridley sold the car, which had 49,964 miles on it, for $7,500 on Nov. 15. So, regrets? Ridley has few. "If I felt bad about it, I wouldn't do it," he tells AdWeek.
Ummm, says David Gianatasio at AdWeek. Ridley should know that the father-daughter relationship clearly "puts a strange and newly unwholesome spin on the already questionable 'Sex sells' motif." Sometimes acknowledging a daughter's fledging sexuality can be a positive thing, says Lindsay Cross at Mommyish, but this goes way too far. This dad is blatantly selling his daughter's sexuality: "This is a crotch shot on the internet to make dad a little money."
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week