pple has reportedly fired Richard Williamson, the manager who was responsible for the faulty mapping app the iPhone and iPad maker released in September. Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the move, said that Williamson was pushed out by Senior Vice President Eddy Cue in a bid to restore customers' trust. Cue, who took over the division in a recent management shake-up, is asking outside mapping experts to help fix the app, and pushing maps provider TomTom NV to improve navigation data it gives Apple.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week