pple has reportedly fired Richard Williamson, the manager who was responsible for the faulty mapping app the iPhone and iPad maker released in September. Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the move, said that Williamson was pushed out by Senior Vice President Eddy Cue in a bid to restore customers' trust. Cue, who took over the division in a recent management shake-up, is asking outside mapping experts to help fix the app, and pushing maps provider TomTom NV to improve navigation data it gives Apple.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week