angladeshi police arrested three people Wednesday in connection with a garment-factory fire that killed more than 100 people last weekend, in the worst industrial disaster in the country's history. The government says saboteurs set the blaze. Two other people were arrested after they were seen in security-camera footage trying to ignite piles of cotton at another factory. Workers demanding safer factories clashed with police as protests over the fire entered a third day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week