This could get a little awkward. The White House on Wednesday announced that President Obama would host Mitt Romney for a private lunch on Thursday, the first time the two men have met since Obama routed the former governor of Massachusetts in the presidential election. The meeting hopefully will be more cordial than their last face-to-face encounter at the presidential debates, in which they gave each other dagger eyes for 90 minutes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week