This could get a little awkward. The White House on Wednesday announced that President Obama would host Mitt Romney for a private lunch on Thursday, the first time the two men have met since Obama routed the former governor of Massachusetts in the presidential election. The meeting hopefully will be more cordial than their last face-to-face encounter at the presidential debates, in which they gave each other dagger eyes for 90 minutes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- The best books we read in 2014
Subscribe to the Week