This could get a little awkward. The White House on Wednesday announced that President Obama would host Mitt Romney for a private lunch on Thursday, the first time the two men have met since Obama routed the former governor of Massachusetts in the presidential election. The meeting hopefully will be more cordial than their last face-to-face encounter at the presidential debates, in which they gave each other dagger eyes for 90 minutes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
Subscribe to the Week