This could get a little awkward. The White House on Wednesday announced that President Obama would host Mitt Romney for a private lunch on Thursday, the first time the two men have met since Obama routed the former governor of Massachusetts in the presidential election. The meeting hopefully will be more cordial than their last face-to-face encounter at the presidential debates, in which they gave each other dagger eyes for 90 minutes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week