This could get a little awkward. The White House on Wednesday announced that President Obama would host Mitt Romney for a private lunch on Thursday, the first time the two men have met since Obama routed the former governor of Massachusetts in the presidential election. The meeting hopefully will be more cordial than their last face-to-face encounter at the presidential debates, in which they gave each other dagger eyes for 90 minutes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
Subscribe to the Week