A newly erected Ten Commandments monument at the Oklahoma state capitol contains several typos. The ACLU complains that the 2,000-pound monument is an improper state endorsement of the Christian religion, but English pedants are also upset, as the word "Sabbath" is spelled "Sabbeth" on the monument, and "maidservant" is rendered "maidseruent."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- The week's best editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week