Mark and Cindy Hill of Dearborn, Mo., claimed their share of the record $587.5 million Powerball jackpot on Friday at a press conference along with their three sons and daughter. The couple randomly chose numbers through Quick Pick and were one of two big winners in the Wednesday drawing. The other winning jackpot ticket was sold in Arizona, but the buyer has not come forward yet. The Hills won $294 million and will take a lump sum payment, which totals about $192 million before taxes. The winning numbers were 5-23-16-22-29-Powerball 6.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week