Mark and Cindy Hill of Dearborn, Mo., claimed their share of the record $587.5 million Powerball jackpot on Friday at a press conference along with their three sons and daughter. The couple randomly chose numbers through Quick Pick and were one of two big winners in the Wednesday drawing. The other winning jackpot ticket was sold in Arizona, but the buyer has not come forward yet. The Hills won $294 million and will take a lump sum payment, which totals about $192 million before taxes. The winning numbers were 5-23-16-22-29-Powerball 6.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week