Appearing on Fox News Sunday, House Speaker John Boehner lashed out at President Obama over ongoing fiscal cliff talks that Boehner says have gone "nowhere." Boehner warned that there is "clearly a chance" that the two sides will not reach an agreement by year's end to prevent tax increases and spending cuts scheduled to hit Jan. 1. "The President's idea of negotiation is, roll over and do what I ask," Boehner said, citing Obama's proposed plan that includes $1.6 trillion in increased tax revenues. He suggested that Republicans have proposed raising about half that amount of revenue, through limiting or eliminating deductions for the wealthy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week