he U.S. and several allies renewed their warnings that the Syrian government would be "held accountable" if it uses chemical weapons against rebel fighters, after intelligence sources said the Syrian military had moved some of the country's stockpile of the weapons in recent days. A U.S. official said "the activity we are seeing suggests some potential chemical weapon preparation." The news prompted emergency communications over the weekend among the Western allies, who have been developing a plan to seize Syria's chemical weapons, if necessary. The Pentagon says such an operation would require more than 75,000 troops.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week