he Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, a day after police say Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, before driving to Arrowhead Stadium and killing himself in front of the team's head coach and general manager. Coach Romeo Crennel said he consulted with the Chiefs' co-captains before deciding to go ahead with the game. The Chiefs snapped an eight-game losing streak with the 27-21 victory. "It was tough," said Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn, who threw two touchdown passes. A friend of Belcher's told Deadspin that the linebacker was "dazed" and suffered short-term memory loss after taking several hits to the head in his final game.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The executioners' lament
- Why the post-antibiotic world is the real-life version of the zombie apocalypse
Subscribe to the Week