What would happen if we nuked the moon?
To move the moon out of its orbit, humanity would have to strike it with a force 1.5 million times greater than our collective nuclear arsenal
This weekend the "supermoon" that will align with earth is more scientifically known as a "perigee moon".
Shi Wei/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
Subscribe to the Week