What would happen if we nuked the moon?
To move the moon out of its orbit, humanity would have to strike it with a force 1.5 million times greater than our collective nuclear arsenal
This weekend the "supermoon" that will align with earth is more scientifically known as a "perigee moon".
Shi Wei/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week