What would happen if we nuked the moon?
To move the moon out of its orbit, humanity would have to strike it with a force 1.5 million times greater than our collective nuclear arsenal
This weekend the "supermoon" that will align with earth is more scientifically known as a "perigee moon".
Shi Wei/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The next pandemic
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week