What would happen if we nuked the moon?
To move the moon out of its orbit, humanity would have to strike it with a force 1.5 million times greater than our collective nuclear arsenal
This weekend the "supermoon" that will align with earth is more scientifically known as a "perigee moon".
Shi Wei/Xinhua Press/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week