Palace officials say Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are expecting their first child. The couple, formally known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have endured relentless pregnancy rumors since their April 2011 wedding. Middleton was admitted to a London hospital after suffering a severe form of morning sickness. As the first born to William — who is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles — the couple's first child could very well become king or queen one day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week