Palace officials say Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are expecting their first child. The couple, formally known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have endured relentless pregnancy rumors since their April 2011 wedding. Middleton was admitted to a London hospital after suffering a severe form of morning sickness. As the first born to William — who is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles — the couple's first child could very well become king or queen one day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week