Palace officials say Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are expecting their first child. The couple, formally known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have endured relentless pregnancy rumors since their April 2011 wedding. Middleton was admitted to a London hospital after suffering a severe form of morning sickness. As the first born to William — who is second in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles — the couple's first child could very well become king or queen one day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week