ecretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday declared that the U.S. would not tolerate Syria using chemical weapons against rebel forces, saying this would be a "red line for the United States." Clinton's tough language came in response to reports that the Syrian regime of President Bashar al-Assad could be mobilizing its stockpile of chemical weapons. "I'm not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people," said Clinton. "But suffice to say we are certainly planning to take action."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week