Wow, did US Weekly nail it or what? The magazine's Dec. 3 cover story boasts "A Baby for Christmas!" just as St. James Place confirms that Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are indeed expecting their first child. But far from being prophetic, tabloid covers over the past 18 months have woven an almost comically dramatic tale of the couple's supposed road to parenthood. Here, a look back at nine of the more egregious efforts:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week