ccording to local media reports, more than 40 people have been killed by a powerful typhoon that swept across the southern Philippines. Typhoon Bopha made landfall in Mindanao, bringing heavy rain and wind of up to 130 mph. Some 40,000 people were forced to evacuate. Bopha comes a year after Typhoon Washi killed more than 1,500 people in the southern Philippines.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Did God have a wife?
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
Subscribe to the Week